Join us November 10 at 11:30 AM ET to learn about how PLOS and our partnering institutions are building a more equitable business model for selective Open Access journals…
In this upcoming webinar, we’ll provide an overview and Q&A session about PLOS’ new collective action model, PLOS Community Action Publishing (CAP), designed for our highly selective journals PLOS Medicine and PLOS Biology.
The focus of the 30 minute overview will be:
- Why #scholcomm needs to examine new business models for sustainable Open Access Publishing
- Why PLOS developed the model
- What it’s meant to do
- How cost recovery works
- The implications of capped margins
- Potential for revenue redistribution back to members
- Details for participation
The remaining 25 min will focus on Q&A from attendees.
This webinar is first-come-first-served for library and consortia representatives. Publishers and other publishing stakeholders are welcome to participate in our November webinar.