PLOS Digital Health Year in Review
2022 was a year of growth following the launch of PLOS Digital Health. We published new and noteworthy research as we continue to build this home for digital health research. Discover journal updates, explore new offerings, and more below.
* Data sourced from Dimensions, as of December, 2022
** Mentions; Across web, social media, and news outlets worldwide. Data sourced from Altmetrics
In 2022, PLOS Digital Health articles were referenced over 2,257 times by media outlets around the world. Explore articles that made the news:
This year, we continued to receive and publish the latest research in digital health. Read noteworthy articles from 2022.
- To explain or not to explain?—Artificial intelligence explainability in clinical decision support systems
- A proteomic survival predictor for COVID-19 patients in intensive care
- Mobile phone-based interventions for mental health: A systematic meta-review of 14 meta-analyses of randomized controlled trials
- Open challenges in developing digital therapeutics in the United States
PLOS Digital Health joined the other PLOS journals publishing health research in giving submitting authors the option to have their manuscript forwarded to medRxiv to be considered for posting as a preprint. In offering this free service, we aim to make preprint posting simple and easy, giving researchers more flexibility in how they choose to communicate their science.
Open Access is not truly open without easy and equitable opportunities to publish. To support authors of all research communities, funding backgrounds, and institutional requirements, all PLOS journals offer APC-alternative business models through institutional partnerships.
Check if your institution is partnering with us and see if you can submit your research to PLOS Digital Health without paying APCs.
Want more updates from PLOS Digital Health?
Ready to share new research in 2023?