PLOS ONE Year in Review
2022 was a year of continued growth for PLOS ONE. We launched several new collections and published important research that made an impact in the global multidisciplinary conversation. Discover journal updates, updated offerings, new collections, and more.
Countries represented by submitting authors*
* Data sourced from Web of Science, as of December, 2022
** Mentions; Across web, social media, and news outlets worldwide. Data sourced from Altmetrics
In 2022, PLOS ONE articles were referenced an estimated 142,442 times by media outlets around the world! Explore articles that made the news:
- Dogs can discriminate between human baseline and psychological stress condition odours
- In the line of fire: Debris throwing by wild octopuses
- Differential personality change earlier and later in the coronavirus pandemic in a longitudinal sample of adults in the United States
- Long Covid stigma: Estimating burden and validating scale in a UK-based sample
Our solutions to eliminate APCs
Open Access is not truly open without easy and equitable opportunities to publish. To support authors of all research communities, funding backgrounds, and institutional requirements, all PLOS journals offer APC-alternative business models through institutional partnerships.
Check if your institution is partnering with us and see if you can submit your research to PLOS ONE without paying APCs.
Want more updates from PLOS ONE?
Ready to share new research in 2023?